Special equipment: Oven with convection setting, 4 baking sheets, 3 silicone baking mats, Fine-mesh sieve, Pastry bag with 1/4-inch round tip
Yummy Macarons Recipes
- Using the convection setting, heat the oven to 300 F. Line 3 baking trays with silicone mat. Measure the sugar and almond flour of the confectionery in the measuring cups by spooning and straightening them with a knife. Transfer to a bowl; whisk.
- Sift the sugar-almond flour mixture into a large bowl with a fine mesh sieve, press with a rubber spatula to pass as far as possible. It will take some time and 2 tablespoons of coarse almond flour can be left; just throw it.
- Beat the egg whites with tartar and salt cream with a blender until foamed at medium speed. Increase the speed to medium high; Gradually add the super fine sugar and whisk for another 5 minutes until it is hard and shiny.
- Transfer the whipped egg whites into the bowl with the almond flour mixture. Draw a rubber spatula in half of the mixture and fold until it is included, give the bowl a quarter turn with each layer.
- Add and remove food coloring (see below). Continue folding and rotating the bowl downwards until the dough is smooth and falls from the spatula in a thin flat strip for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the dough into a 1/4 inch round-ended dough bag. Piping 1 1/4 inch circles (24 per sheet), holding the bag vertically and close to the baking tray. Double-tap the baking sheets on the counter to release air bubbles.
- Cookies soak at room temperature so that they do not touch the tops for 15 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the humidity. Slide another baking tray under the first batch (double baking tray protects cookies from heat).
- Bake the first batch until the cookies are shiny and rise 1/8 inch to create a “foot” for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat using double pages for each batch. Peel the cookies from the mats and sandwich with a thin layer of filling (see below).
Color the dough with 2 drops of neon pink gel food coloring; Flavor with almond extract. Fill with seedless raspberry jam (about 3/4 cup required).
Color the dough with 2 drops of mint green gel food coloring; flavor with mint extract. For filling, the microwave is mixed with 3 ounces of chopped white chocolate, 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of butter until smooth in 30 second intervals. Add 1/4 teaspoon of mint extract and 1 drop of mint green gel food coloring.
Blueberry cheese cake:
Color the dough with 3 drops of dark blue gel food coloring; flavor with vanilla extract. Mix 4 ounces of soft cream cheese and 3 tablespoons of blueberry jam to fill.
Color the dough with 2 drops of violet gel food coloring; Flavor with almond or vanilla extract. To fill, mix 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of ground lavender.
Color the dough with 2 drops of lemon yellow gel food coloring; flavor with vanilla extract. For filling, press a 3/4 cup pineapple jam with a sieve, discard large pieces.
1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup almond flour
3 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup superfine sugar
2 to 3 drops gel food coloring (see below)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, almond or mint extract